Flanagan Park

Photo:Ballinrobe GAA logo and a proud moment!

Ballinrobe GAA logo and a proud moment!

Donor

Photo:Flanagan Park, Ballinrobe

Flanagan Park, Ballinrobe

Photo: Pat McGovern

Photo:Flanagan Park, Ballinrobe

Flanagan Park, Ballinrobe

Photo: Pat McGovern

Ballinrobe GAA club was founded in 1887 and celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2012.
From GAA Club website

The club plays its home games at Flanagan Park, which is named after Mick Flanagan who won two All-Ireland senior football championship medals with Mayo in 1950 and 1951.

Mick was a native of Castlebar but practised as a solicitor on Main Street in Ballinrobe for many years. He was just 32 years of age when he passed away on January 25, 1961.

Flanagan Park was officially opened by GAA President, Hugh Byrne, in May, 1963.

This page was added by Averil Staunton on 29/03/2011.

Comments about this page

Visited the west in August with three best friends. One was looking for mother's ancestors. Her name was Kathleen Flanagan Paiva. Are a lot of Flanagan's from Mayo?

Indeed there are Gloria! 

For assistance contact: South Mayo Family Research Centre at www.mayo.irishroots.net

By gloria marino
On 23/09/2013

Add a comment about this page





Sponsor logos National Museum of Ireland Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs South West Mayo Development Company The National Development Plan The European Agricultural Fund EU Rural Development