Kilmaine, Co. Mayo - Halla Phaidraigh

Photo:Kilmaine - Halla Phadraigh

Kilmaine - Halla Phadraigh

Evelyn Keane

By Evelyn Keane

First Hall

The first hall in Kilmaine was Reilly’s dance hall (a private owned hall).  It was built in 1938 where Paddy & Mary Murphy’s house now stand.  

Parish Hall

In 1947 a committee was formed with the view to building a parish hall. Skilled tradesmen worked diligently for two years.  The hall was opened, blessed and named Halla Phadraig in 1951.

Renovations

Renovations took place on the roof some years later, but in 2000 a new roof was erected, a modern kitchen, office, toilets and car park were built

This page was added by Averil Staunton on 26/09/2011.

Add a comment about this page





Sponsor logos National Museum of Ireland Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs South West Mayo Development Company The National Development Plan The European Agricultural Fund EU Rural Development